WELCOME TO OUR 2021/22 YEAR 7 STUDENTS
Sadly, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are unable to offer our usual transition arrangements this year. Moving to secondary school is an exciting time, but it can also be nerve-wracking for both students and parents. In light of this we have compiled a range of experiences for Y6 students and parents/carers on this page, to give you a flavour of life at Winterbourne Academy.
Please explore our on-line transition videos below, and if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the academy transition team
Head of Year 7
Assistant Headteacher (KS3)
Join our Year 7 Instagram Family:
- Virtual Summer School / Autumn Meeting invitation - 19th July 2021
- Transition Day 2 Cancellation (02/07/21)
- Invitation to Virtual Parents Transition Evening - 15/06/21
- Frequently Asked Questions - June 2021
- September 2022 Intake - Frequently Asked Questions - 01/09/21
- Updated - final confirmed arrangements for Transition Days - 24/05/21
- Additional Transition Day Letter - 27/04/21
- Welcome to Winterbourne - Information Letter - 15/03/21
- Music Lessons at Winterbourne
- SEN Transition Letter
- School Uniform Information
- Meet the Team Presentation - 8th March 2021
- Welcome Letter - March 2021
- Summer School Letter
- Summer School Booking Form
- Summer School Splash (limited places available)
- Tips and Hints for a Smooth Transition to Secondary School
Moving from primary to secondary school is an exciting and significant event
It is an important milestone which, for many parents and carers, signals a change in expectations regarding developing greater independence and organisation.
Successful transition depends on a range of things such as creating the right environment where students feel safe and secure, to supporting students in developing positive relationships quickly within their tutor groups and with their teachers, and for us as a school, to successfully work in partnership with parents and carers.
It is often parents and carers that worry the most and this can be because, for many of you, your time at secondary school was a long time ago and you are not sure what to expect and you will want to offer your child reassurance and support but don’t necessarily have the information to do so! There are lots of people here to support students through this transition period and we know that they are bound to be a little bit nervous or anxious – this is perfectly normal!
Uniform is now ordered through our suppliers, Monkhouse, and you can visit their local shop in Stoke Gifford or order online.
Please visit the dedicated Uniform page on this website to find out more about this aspect.