Uniform and Equipment
Our uniform is a visible message of our organisational pride. We expect students to wear the correct school uniform while travelling to and from school.
With effect from 01/02/21, our uniform supplier is Monkhouse:http://www.monkhouse.com
We have high expectations about students being ready and prepared for their learning through having the correct stationery and writing materials to support them in class and at home.
Students should be equipped with a pencil case containing the following basic equipment
- Black or blue pen
- Purple pen
- Glue stick
- Scientific calculator
- Jewellery: one pair of small discreet studs worn in the lower lobe of the ear only (not the upper ear or trajus) and one watch worn on the wrist. No facial or tongue piercings of any type are permitted, including clear plastic ones.
- Hair to be of a natural colour and extreme styles are not permitted
- Long hair must be tied securely in practical lessons, to avoid being caught in equipment, and in PE lessons
- Minimal make-up can be worn but must be discreet. False eyelashes are not permitted
- Nails to be neat and short. Nail extensions and nail varnish are not permitted
- Chewing gum is banned from the Academy site
We ask that items of outdoor clothing (i.e. coats, scarves) are removed inside the buildings.
Each student is allocated a locker to store their equipment, kit and outdoor clothing during the day. We ask that each student provides a sturdy padlock to secure their locker. As an Academy, we cannot accept responsibility for the loss of personal items. Please ensure that your child’s belongings are clearly labelled.
Phones, MP3 players, Headphones and Electronic devices
In order to focus on Teaching and Learning, we aim to minimise distractions in lessons.
We ask that students keep Phones, MP3 players, Headphones and any kind of electronic device switched off and stored in their bags or lockers throughout the school day. Your support with this is appreciated. Students found with any of these devices during the school day will have the equipment confiscated and placed in Main School Reception. They will be able to reclaim their effects at the end of the school day which will have been stored securely in labelled envelopes for ease of identification. Refusal to surrender a confiscated device will result in further sanctions.
Students are permitted to fill water bottles during break and lunch times only, There are sufficient water dispensers to allow this to happen and would be grateful of your support in encouraging your child to follow these guidelines.