Students are examined in a variety of ways including formal exams, controlled assessment, practical exams, coursework, and oral exams.
Exam time can be stressful time for students, but also their families too as you try to find ways to support your children. Some of the most effective things you can do are to encourage them to take regular breaks and plan in relaxation time or activities they really enjoy doing. Help them look after themselves by making sure they get enough sleep, have a good diet and find some time to do a little exercise.
If you have a query regarding exams please contact the Exams Team via Julie.Jeal@winterbourneacademy.org.uk.
2019 Key Exam Dates
Results day A Levels – Thursday 15 August 2019 (8am - 2pm)
Results day GCSE - Thursday 22 August 2019 (8am - 2pm)
If students are unable to collect their results they can nominate someone else to collect them on their behalf. To do this the student should confirm the name of the nominated person by email to Julie.Jeal@winterbourneacademy.org.uk. The nominated person collecting the results should then bring identification with them when collecting.
Exam rules and regulations
- JCQ (for comprehensive information about rules and regulations) - www.jcq.org.uk
- Information for Candidates - Privacy Notice - December 2018
- Information for Candidates - onscreen tests
- Information for Candidates - written exams
- Information for Candidates - NEA 18/19
- Information for Candidates - coursework 18/19
- JCQ Social Media Final 2018-19