Starting in Year 7
Key dates for 2019/20 intake:
- Monday 1st July (5pm and 6pm) - Transition Parents evening
- Wednesday 3rd and Thursday 4th July - Transition days for all new WA intake students
- w/c Monday 12th August - Optional Summer School - Week 1 - see below
- w/c Monday 19th August - Optional Summer School - Week 2 - see below
- w/c Monday 29th July - Optional Year 6 Sports Camp - Week 1
- w/c Monday 5th August - Optional Year 6 Sports Camp - Week 2
Moving from primary to secondary school is an exciting and significant event.
It is an important milestone which, for many parents and carers, signals a change in expectations regarding developing greater independence and organisation.
Successful transition depends on a range of things such as creating the right environment where students feel safe and secure, to supporting students in developing positive relationships quickly within their tutor groups and with their teachers, and for us as a school, to successfully work in partnership with parents and carers.
It is often parents and carers that worry the most and this can be because, for many of you, your time at secondary school was a long time ago and you are not sure what to expect and you will want to offer your child reassurance and support but don’t necessarily have the information to do so! There are lots of people here to support students through this transition period and we know that they are bound to be a little bit nervous or anxious – this is perfectly normal!
Uniform is now ordered through our suppliers, Initially Yours, and you can visit their local shop in Hambrook or order online.
Please visit the dedicated Uniform page on this website to find out more about this aspect.
Summer school for the 2019/2020 intake will be held on weeks commencing 12th and 19th August 2019. The summer school has been held at Winterbourne Academy for many years and is a fantastic opportunity for children to make friends and become familiar with the school before starting in September. This is a non-compulsory activity but children will be invited to attend for one week, or both. The cost is around £90 for one week or £150 for both weeks. Further information and a booking form will be included in the March 2019 welcome pack (copy also included below)
You can download some of our key communications here (2019/2020)
- This information will be uploaded by the end of March 2019
- Summer School Letter and booking form - March 2019