Please click the links below for further information:
Students at Winterbourne Academy have the opportunity to participate in a week long (up to) Work Experience placement as part of their ongoing careers education and preparation for the world of work.
The benefits of Work Experience for students:
- Gain skills from researching and organising their placement;
- Personal experience of the demands of being an employee;
- Improves understanding of the employer’s sector of industry;
- Improves awareness of routes into careers;
- Develops key employability skills;
- Improves confidence and independence;
- Helps learning to be applied in the wider community and helps further progression;
- Contributes towards academic achievement.
When to go:
Year 10 students will be allowed to take up a Work Experience placement during the week commencing Monday 17th July – Friday 21st July 2023.
Part of the process is for students to find their own placements. This can be done by students contacting companies by letter, email or telephone call. As soon as work experience has been found, students need to fill out the mini survey below:
Details needed to complete the survey
- Name of main contact at the company
- Company name
- Job role
- Email address of the company contact
- Telephone number of the contact
- Full address of the company
When the survey is complete, students will be able to collect the forms needed to be filled out by parents and the company, then return these to reception. It is important that students secure a placement by the end of April 2022 in order for school to ensure the relevant health and safety checks have been carried out
If students struggle to find a work placement, the academy will provide some limited support to enable this to be done.
For any questions relating to work experience, please contact:
Mrs Sarah Webber
Tel: 01454 252000 – Sarah.Webber@olympustrust.co.uk