The school bus timetables (effect from 31st December 2023) can be found below:
From 31st December 2023, the 427 & 459 bus will be at the back of the school in the bus park for drop- off and pick- up.
If you have a concern or complaint regarding the Stagecoach bus service, please contact their customer service team on 0345 241 8000. Stagecoach only operate the 427, 459 and the late bus routes.
The school operates a daily late bus, which is a free service designed for students at Winterbourne Academy who have period 6 lessons or are participating in pre-approved extra-curricular activities.
The late bus departs from the front entrance to the school at 4.35pm each afternoon.
The route and timings of the late bus vary dependent on who is using the service and therefore it is important that students inform the driver of these intended destination as they board the bus. The general route consists of:
- Bristol Road
- Church Road, Frampton Cotterell
- Badminton Road, Coalpit Heath
- Left at the Badminton Road roundabout along the ring road towards Lyde Green, stopping at any metro bus stop on the way
- Lyde Green
- Emersons Green (Sainsbury’s only)
- Turn and continue on Emersons Way and turn left onto Westerleigh Road
- Turn right onto Westbourne Road, Downend (they will stop at either end on request)
- Right onto Badminton Road
- Not turning into Bromley Heath but stopping at the top of Four Acre Road or Oakdale Road
- Badminton Road shops (The Horseshoe)
- Along Downend Road towards the Straights Parade at Fishponds
- Turn right into Manor Road
- Continue onto Blackberry Hill
- Continue onto Broom Hill
- Right onto Frenchay Park Road
- Along Bromley Heath Road
- Continue onto Bristol Road
- Left onto Ring Road
- Carry along the Ring Road down to the new turning by the Holiday Inn towards Stoke Gifford
- Across the roundabout towards Bradley Stoke
- Along Bradley Stoke Way
- Gloucester Road, Patchway
- Gypsy Patch Lane
Bus Q&A / General Information
Any students starting at Winterbourne Academy who are eligible for free transport (including the 427 school bus service from Frenchay) will be contacted directly by South Gloucestershire Council prior to their admission in September (usually by mid-June). If you feel your child may be entitled to free school transport, and you haven't been contacted automatically, please speak to South Gloucestershire Council Student Access and Support Department on 01454 868008 (email@example.com)
When travelling to and from the Academy, please remember you are a member of the Academy and you are expected to behave both sensibly and safely. The bus companies reserve the right to refuse entry to any students travelling to school on the bus who behave inappropriately.
Parent/carers are responsible for making sure that cycles, scooters and cars used to and from the Academy are legally safe. Students should ride in a manner which is safe and keeping with the law. Cycles and scooters should be wheeled through the entrances and kept in the designated bicycle racks and should be secure. Under no circumstances should they be allowed in any part of the Academy building. The Academy will investigate damage to/theft of cycles but they are left at the owner’ risk. To avoid possible damage students should avoid loitering near cycles or any other vehicles. Motorised scooters are not permitted transport for any student aged 16 and under.