Online learning links
1. SIMS Learning Gateway
This provides secure online access to real-time data in SIMS for parents and Academy staff. It includes up to date information about your childs' attendance and behavioural reports to ensure parents are better engaged and students are encouraged to drive their own achievement.
2. Remote Desktop Access
By using this technology teachers and students will be able to securely access their desktop environment from any location and on most devices that are connected to the internet.
Requirements to access the Remote Desktion system:
• PC, Laptop or Mac
• Internet Explorer/Microsoft Remote Desktop (free to download)
• An Internet connection
• That’s it!
How do I Use Remote Desktop system?
• Log in using your username and password by clicking the following link: https://remote.trfa.org.uk.
• When entered for the first time eg. on a home device you will see a message asking you to allow a Microsoft add-on/plugin – this is normal and what you should expect to see.
• Depending on your device you may be asked for you username and password again.
• Once connect just click on the WIA Desktop icon
3. SAM Learning
By Friday 23rd November 2018, Mr Holt will have finished his assemblies to all Year groups introducing them to SAM learning. Students can log in to the system and complete both revision and testing tasks, teachers have just started setting tasks on the system as well, this will increase after January. The system is based on a website (www.samlearning.com) and can be accessed on any internet enabled device with a web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer etc).
Students or parents can login by the following:
Centre ID: BS36RH
USER ID is 6 digit date of birth followed by initials , e.g. 090377AH
Password is: the same as the USER ID
Independent research points out that just 10 task hours per subject has been proven raise outcomes in GCSE examinations (Year 7 is never too early to start!), the more you do the better the increase in grades. Teachers can set tasks or students can do tasks independently. Students are able to compete against others and get rewards for using the software. We will also be having prizes (SAM learning gave us tablets) for the students that used the system the most.
4. Hegarty Maths