Year 9 Options Evening - Thursday 7th February 2019
The Year 9 options process begins officially on the 7th February 2019, however, the parent evening on 31st January gives you a chance to check your child’s progress in subjects they might want to take for their options in Year 10 and 11. All students will take English (Language and Literature), Maths, Science (Single Sciences or double science) and PE, PSHE and R.S. (not compulsorily examined).
The timetable for the options process is below:
- Year 9 Parent Evening - Thursday, 31st January (3.30pm-7.30pm)
- Year 9 Parents Option Evening - 7th February (5.30pm and 6.15pm)
- Careers Fair – Wednesday 27th February.
- Taster days to happen in 'new' subjects – Early March 2019
- Options submitted online - Early March 2019
- Tutor interview to review options:
- Tutors to be off timetable for the day
- 10 minute 'interview' with tutor to go through students choices/discuss career aspirations
- Parental Invite to Tutor Appointment
Letters home regarding options allocated for students – Early May 2019
Further details will be given on Options evening next Thursday 7th February. To make sure as many people as possible can hear the presentation, two will be made available. Please click on the link below to book your preferred time:
17:30 talk in the auditorium: click here to book yourself onto the 5.30pm presentation
18:15 talk in the auditorium: click here to book yourself onto the 6.15pm presentation
We look forward to meeting you.